Thursday, October 7, 2010

Second day, why doing nothing is better than doing something.

Oh man. After a 14 hour long sleep/coma, I woke up. Thought of reviewing some more Nipponese. So I got up, said good morning to my beautiful girls that are displayed next to my bad and took a seat and turned on the screen to my battle station. Seeing nothing interesting enough to keep me from taking a whizz and to make some coffee, I went downstairs. Yes, everybody is gone. So I take my coffee up to the attic and check my email. Yes, Reimu Figutto! just shipped via SAL parcel. /jp/, nothing interesting.

Okay now for some kanji grindan. 3 hours later: I've fapped 4 times, fired up /jp/radio, did 1 kanji, in between faps and drank three cups of coffee. Oh man, how hard can it be to keep your mind to one thing for more than five minutes? Beautiful 2D for one, taking about 20 minutes or so. Oh god.

Now, it's not because I hate studying languages. I'm fluent in my mother language(durr), and I consider me near-fluent in English, at least at the level that writing makes it hard to distinguish between natives and me. Then there's German, which I'm not fluent at, but can understand most conversation and make small talk. Damn that's one annoying language. There's another two or so languages of which I have more than basic knowledge of too. And then there's Japanese.

So why is this so hard? It's not the kanji, those aren't a problem at all. It's not that I don't know HOW to study languages, because I've learned enough languages. I think it's because it's at least six years ago since I honestly studied. It's just so hard to get into it again. Yesterday it felt so much more like a breeze than it does today. It's not that it's about liking or hating Japanese either. When I finish and meet my goals I'm satisfied as hell. Which I haven't been in a while either. I think my brain is rotten. ;_;

Also, more Nappi ;_;

9 comments:

  1. I'm fluent in five languages and I can't seem to learn Japanese, those stupid hieroglyphs simply don't make any sense to my brain.

    Nappi is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my brain is rotten, too. I've tried to learn Japanese for years, and a few months ago I bought a textbook. Which I haven't even opened yet.

    I'm also supposed to study Swedish at home. I am fluent in it and was always half a year ahead of everyone else, but it's my only source for money, so I have no choice. But whenever I just think about studying I get distracted by something else. (´_ゝ`)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it comes to your post, GTL can also stand for "Great Thoughts at Length"... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more fluent in English than I am in my mother language.

    After reading some of these blogs, I'm becoming more inspired to take up learning Japanese. It seems really intimidating, though.

    >those stupid hieroglyphs simply don't make any sense to my brain

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brain constantly rots.

    However I don't think starting with kanji is a good way to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I stick to English and French instead of those crazy moonrunes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the same boat, I can't focus on studying Japanese right now either. Maybe it's the alignment of the planets, haha :)

    ReplyDelete